Next GSOC Board Meeting, Wednesday, January 9, 2019
The next Gopher State One Call Board Meeting is on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019. The Open Session of the Board Meeting starts at 9:00 am. The public is invited to attend the Open Session portion of the meeting. If you plan to attend, please contact Barb Cederberg GSOC COO at 651-681-7303 or at Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD ELECTION POLICY
Gopher State One Call is a non-member Minnesota nonprofit corporation with oversight provided by its Board of Directors, consisting of Directors from a wide spectrum of damage prevention industry stakeholders. For further information, history and background, see the Board Election Policy.
- Nov. 14, 2018 - DRAFT
- Aug. 15, 2018 - APPROVED
- Apr. 9, 2018 APPROVED
- Jan. 10, 2018 APPROVED
Highlights: Nov. 14, 2018
- Chairs Report: Encouragement to increase attendance at OCC Users Group for the opportunity to gain additional insight on what other states are doing operationally and post mid-term election legislative report.
- NULCA introduction from speaker Ron Peterson discussing recommended damage prevention practices from the perspective of the locator. Emphasis on private facility awareness.
- Previojs Meeting Items: MNCAER's potentially misleading presentation slide has been removed and split rule for non-excavation tickets at township boundaries will remain in effect.
- Encouraging Greater Use of Meets: Does the MN statute allow a routine ticket to be converted into a meet and ,if so, are there any unintended consequences of doing so. A subcommittee will be formed to address some of these concerns.
- COO report: Ticket volumes, the contact information collection project status, delayed request feature initial usage numbers, MetroNet fiberoptic installation project in Rochester, and the piblic awarenss surveyon recogniztion of GSOC and 811, and 3 year strategic plan for GSOC.
- OCC report: After a very slow start to 2018, the numbers for the year are finally on par with where they were at this time last year, online ticket submission has gone up every month, online emergency locate pilot will continue, and OCC plans to do more training in 2019 regarding the extended start time.
- PR report: 14 major events were attended creating approximately 1500 in-person interactions, over 45 education sessions, successful use of targeted radio ads, 2019 proposed campaigns with MN United and All Over Media using truck facades, and revisions to the new GSOC app.
Highlights: Aug. 15, 2018
- Chairs Report: Legislative report on SB 3870, encouragement to attend CGA and OCC Users Group to increase national engagement.
- Discussion of After Hours Online Ticket Submission and Work Start Date Designation
- MNCAER: discussion of GSOC slide on MNCAER presentation on pipeline safety and the role of GSOC in emergency situations.
- Possible Additional Map Layers: Sewer as built maps from the city of Mpls, posibility of 3D augmented reality locating in the future.
- COO report: Ticket numbers, OCC Users' Group, Extended start time feature, 3 year strategic plan and 3 year technology plan.
- OCC report: Call Center performance, ITIC training sessions changes, and system upgrades.
- MnOps Update: Damage analyses performed by MnOps, process of enforcement, violations, and penalties.
- PR report: Participation in several CGA initiatives, upcoming events including the State Fair, and review of radio and media sponsorships.
Highlights: April 9, 2018
- Chair's Report: Thank you for excellent colunteer attendance at the CGA conference as well as the Minneapolis Home and Garden Show.
- Outreach and PR Review:
- 2 videos produced by channel 9
- Radio interview for National Safe Digging Month
- Promotion with Papa Murphy's for an .11 pizza special
- 811 tree tags at Home Depot and Lowes
- COO Report:
- 2018 ticket volume is down, likely due to weather through the first 3 months of the year, though higher ticket volume overall is still expected for the year.
- Automated marking will not be adopted by GSOC yet.
- Update on the facility operator contact information collection.
- Extended start time feature.
- Pilot porjects with Centerpoint Energy and Minnesota Power.
- Major awareness events this year at the State Fair, Big Iron, Farm Fest and media campaigns with KFAN and Star Tribune.
- 216D update.
- MnOps Update: Expected to hold another 216D meeting specifically on the issue of contact info. Also plans for the locate rodeo.
- OCC Report: User interface redesign and extended start time features are in quality control testing. OCC is in the midst of several software and feature updates to improve user experience. And the center is prepping for busy season by adjusting staffing and schedules as necessary.
- Finance Committee Update: GSOC had an accounting audit this year. Results are expected shortly. Financial performance was slightly higher than expected in 2017.
Next Meeting: August 2018
Highlights: Jan. 10, 2018
- Chair's Report: Thank you for all of the efforts made to improve the call center and operations over the past few years as well as to those who attended this year's CGA conference in Arizona.
- Ticket Extension Software: Discussion of a proposal for a feature that would allow excavator and facility operators to agree to a delayed start that would be reflected on the ticket.
- MnOps Update: Final details of the Annual Pipeline Safety Conference in April, new forms available ont he MnOps website, damage reporting figures for MN, violation trends, planned 2018 MnOps initiatives, and discussion of possible additional operator contact information on tickets.
- COO Report: Summary of 2017 notification center operations, Users Advisory Group, Annual Report progress, MN CGA Excavator/Locator Recognition Program, action items from the 216D Stakeholder meetings, outreach efforts for major fiber obtics projects in MN as well as private facility operators.
- PR Report: 2018 handbook available, 811 Awareness event at the Super Bowl, and the GSOC vehicle.
- OCC Report: Thank you to the Board fro participation in CSR recognition lunch, 2017 operations recap and review, and plans for 2018.
Next Meeting: April 9, 2018